Have you ever seen clothes marked as "on size fits all," and thought "No, that definitely does not fit everyone!" I know I have. This goes for fitness as well.
Just as interests go, we all have a different taste. Often times you hear people argue over interval training, strength, cardio, CrossFit, power lifting, and the list goes on and on... But the question I pose is why does it matter? If someone is choosing to be active that is a step in the right direction! Form and technique will follow. I believe that all physical activity holds different benefits so I dabble in different styles. Of course, I prefer some over others, such as running outdoors as opposed to a track, but overall, I enjoy the feeling of working out. I find different activities that motivate me and keep me going.
![]() |
| My dog modeling a one size fits most raincoat (I really just wanted an excuse to post him) |
What I'm saying is fitness is not a "one size fits all." Different activities and styles work better for some than others. Physical activity is not a one size fits all Snuggie (or doggie raincoat for that matter), so do what makes you feel good and push yourself.

Your blog is true for everyone. Thinking further about this, commercials usually advertise certain machines/workouts that they claim will help you out in the long run. Some people may not want to do that type of exercise/workout. Instead, they may want to stick to their "go-to" or "what worked for them at the gym." Overall, people should stick to their guns and do want they want to do.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a very important blog, especially as a future educator. In our field, a large amount of physical educators force students to do one or two different kinds of physical activity, but don't really give them any other options. I hope that when I go out and begin teaching, as well as every other future physical educator, give students the freedom to participate in whatever physical activity they enjoy.
ReplyDelete