I don't know about you, but I find it hard to eat healthy when at school or on the go. I don't like to microwave anything in plastic containers even when they say they're microwave safe. I also do not want to carry around a glass bowl so I can heat up some roasted vegetables from the night before, so those present some tough issues on how to avoid caving and just carrying around carb loaded sandwiches.
I always take a salad rich with chicken, spinach, and various toppings (walnuts, chia seeds, pepitas) and an apple for lunch 5 days of the week. However, what if I need a quick snack? Protein bars are delicious, but once you find one low in sugar, you're looking at $2 a bar. Trail mix is tasty, but it can get expensive too, plus it usually comes with sugary dried fruit. So what do I eat?
I got the idea to look up healthy pancake recipes one day because they're easy to eat and taste just fine cold/room temperature. That search led me to this link I found on Pinterest. And boom! My problem was solved!
All you need is one banana, one scoop of protein powder, and two eggs.
Next, blend them in a blender, and go about making them as normal pancakes.
I will warn you that some protein powders work better than others. The ones with a more flour like consistency work great, but I have a heavier chocolate powder by Cytosport that makes the batter runny.
I say play around with what you have and see what works best for you.
This recipe is great if you have a flavor of protein powder that you're not fond of or bananas that are ripening faster than you can eat them.
Try adding in chopped nuts or unsweetened coconut flakes for an extra bit of flavor!
I make multiple batches at a time and freeze them so they're always on hand.
Thanks for reading! If you make these, leave a comment letting me know what flavors you try!
I always take a salad rich with chicken, spinach, and various toppings (walnuts, chia seeds, pepitas) and an apple for lunch 5 days of the week. However, what if I need a quick snack? Protein bars are delicious, but once you find one low in sugar, you're looking at $2 a bar. Trail mix is tasty, but it can get expensive too, plus it usually comes with sugary dried fruit. So what do I eat?
I got the idea to look up healthy pancake recipes one day because they're easy to eat and taste just fine cold/room temperature. That search led me to this link I found on Pinterest. And boom! My problem was solved!
All you need is one banana, one scoop of protein powder, and two eggs.
Next, blend them in a blender, and go about making them as normal pancakes.
I will warn you that some protein powders work better than others. The ones with a more flour like consistency work great, but I have a heavier chocolate powder by Cytosport that makes the batter runny.
I say play around with what you have and see what works best for you.
This recipe is great if you have a flavor of protein powder that you're not fond of or bananas that are ripening faster than you can eat them.
Try adding in chopped nuts or unsweetened coconut flakes for an extra bit of flavor!
I make multiple batches at a time and freeze them so they're always on hand.
Thanks for reading! If you make these, leave a comment letting me know what flavors you try!


This sounds great! I will definitely try it out! There aren't many options on campus to eat healthy and it is also very expensive.
ReplyDeletewow abby i think this is a great way to make a good snack but the trick is it is healthy. I find it hard to go all day from class to class with out eating snacks, and this is a much better alternative than fruit snacks or bags of chips. It is a very simple recipe and it is low cost. Protein powder is expensive but it goes a long way. It is also nice that it does not need heated up or kept cold. this is a great recipe for students to have and use for just a simple snack.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so yummy! I really like how it is quick and easy this recipe is! The coconut flakes sound so good. I like how they can be saved and put in the freezer. It is something you can heat up quickly and go on your way.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea! I love pancakes and always eat them and this makes a meal I love healthier. This is also cheap and inexpensive.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love that you posted this! I will without a doubt use this now that I know how to make them. I am big into bodybuilding and have been wanting good foods high in protein and this is such a good and tasty way to include them. Thank you so much for posting your thoughts. I would love to talk about this soon!
ReplyDeleteThese sound like a great idea. I have always wanted to try these. I really like pancakes by themselves and I feel that if you could get protein in with them they will be a lot healthier. I definitely will be giving these a try.
ReplyDelete