Body Positivity

The body positivity movement began as a way for people to come to love and appreciate their bodies, and that's great! Unfortunately, it has actually become a harmful mindset that people have adopted. Why? Because it encourages men and women to look at themselves and say "I'm good enough and I don't need to change." The problem with that mindset is it essentially tells us that we shouldn't try to better ourselves or improve. I believe we should always be striving to be better and healthier, meaning we shouldn't be so complacent with ourselves. I'm not saying we should all look the same and have the same bodies because that's not possible. We're all attractive in our own ways, but healthy is something that looks good on everyone ♡

Comments

  1. This is something that is, like you said, both good and bad. People do need to think positively of themselves, but at the same time people get content with themselves and never want to improve. I think the biggest thing with this is that there are still so many people who still see themselves in negative ways because they think of what other people say or think. At least the movement is getting started though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see where you are coming from but i also see it in a different way. I see it as they can see themselves like they are fine how they are and do nothing but they could also see themselves and say they need to change but some people are so obsessed with the way they look that they take it way to far and make it unhealthy for themselves. So people do the right thing and in the right ways but some need some more information on the topic on how to be a health human being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also had these thoughts before. Sometimes I will think to myself that I need to go to the gym and workout and then I think, "Oh i'm okay, my body is fine just the way it is." Except, I should be working out to be healthy and feel good. I think people sometimes use that as an excuse to not be pysically active. I also believe that body positivity has a positive impact on someone. It gives them confidence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment